n this course you will learn how to combine two amazing free programs to create smooth and flexible 2D game character animations!
Inkscape is a free and open-source Vector Illustration software.
With it you can create versatile, ready to use character designs in no time!
Draw anything, export in any size - Perfect for 2D game design!
There are several great courses published about Inkscape, but in this one you can learn how to create a character and make it ready to animate!
DragonBones is a free 2D Skeletal Animation program.
Import your character parts, create the bone system and animate! It is really this easy!
The standalone version just came out at the end of 2016, so this is the first full and comprehensive English course about DragonBones! There are only a very few DragonBones tutorial online, if you want to learn the software, this is a good place to start!
During this game animation course you will
- design a simple knight character in Inkscape (feel free to design your very own character using the same method!)
- export the character properly to be used with DragonBones
- assemble the character and build up the skeletal structure
- create and use meshes to animate soft bodies, like cape and hair
- create four basic animations for the same character: idle, walk, attack, die (more will be added later!)
- easily modify your character to a totally new version, while keeping all the animations!
The course is mostly about DragonBones, so you will need some basic Inkscape knowledge to follow the design part at the start!
Follow the course and ask me anything as you develop your animations!
My goal is to teach You my best about Inkscape, illustration or game art design. And I want You to have a happy and safe learning experience. If you are not satisfied with your course for whatever reason, just let me know, and I will refund the full amount no questions asked! As my student, You are eligible for a refund on any course or bundle within 15 days from purchase.
- Create the bone system for your character
- Using live video references - a key to reality and good spacing
- The first animation: idle
- Create and edit mesh in DragonBones
- Character walk cycle in DragonBones - Part 1: the first steps!
- Character walk cycle in DragonBones - Part 2: Move your arms!
- Character walk cycle in DragonBones - Part 3: animate flexible meshes
- Character walk cycle in DragonBones - Part 4: walk with grace - animating the cape
- Attack! - Attack move animation Part 1.
- Attack! - Attack move animation Part 2.
- Dying animation sequence
Designer and design teacher
About the instructor
Being a graphic designer, illustrator and design teacher, I am here to teach you everything I know about logo design, game art and website design. You will learn step by step practical kownledge AND useful design theory as well. You will learn to use Inkscape, this amazing open-source software, and create your own art for free.
Follow my courses today and get into the designer mindset! - and please ask if you need help, I am here for you!
Want to learn more? Check out my Inkscape course bundles!